Fundraisers change the world!
- Monthly education sessions (with your membership you will have a discounted rate for each session and the opportunity to attend member only events)
- National Philanthropy Day award celebrations where you can highlight your organizations top donors and volunteers
- Networking with like-minded individuals
- An opportunity to advocate for your profession
- Scholarship Opportunities where you can attend International fundraising conferences (2 National Scholarships ($1500.00), Diversity Scholarship ($1500.00), Chamberlain Scholarship ($1500.00, Toronto Congress Scholarship $1000.00)
- You can join the mentorship program, where you can be mentored by a seasoned fundraiser, or you can also mentor a new fundraiser.
Check out this video that highlights even more benefits:
If you are new to the fundraising profession or a seasoned professional, you might consider joining our Mentorship Program!
What is the Mentoring Program?
The goal of the mentoring program is to provide a structured personal development opportunity for new fundraisers by linking them with a seasoned fundraising professional.
Please e-mail us if you are interested firstname.lastname@example.org
AFP International Website:
Also, make sure to visit the AFP International website as there are an abundance amount of resources in the Resource Centre and the Fundraising Library. Check out all of the “how to” documents. http://www.afpnet.org/splash.cfm
This membership will advance your career, promote your integrity as a fundraising professional and allow you to gain leadership skills throughout your journey.
How to Join the AFP Canada South Chapter
Check out the different membership categories:
AFP Membership Categories and Pricing
The Young Professional category is for those members 30 years of age or under and the Small Nonprofit Organizational Membership is for organizations with a budget under $1 million, have fewer than two full-time fundraising staff, are individuall incorporated and are not affiliated with a larger institution supporting its operations.
If you would like to join the Canada South Chapter, please complete the AFP Canada Membership Invitation and forward it, along with your payment in full directly to the AFP Canadian Foundation:
Association of Fundraising Professionals
260 King Street East, Suite 412
Once received, your completed AFP Canada Membership information is added directly to the AFP Canada South Chapter membership roster. AFP Canada South will mail you a welcome package and connect through e-mail/Mail Chimp.
If you have any questions about membership please contact:
Before submitting your application please read the Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice . All members of AFP must abide by the Code of Ethics.
Review the AFP Membership FAQs