17th Annual AFP National Philanthropy Day Ceremony
Wednesday November 14, 2018 at Ambassador Golf Club (1025 Sprucewood Ave, Windsor)
8:00 am Registration and Networking
8:30 am Breakfast & Awards Ceremony
Tickets $55 ~ includes Breakfast
WindsorEssex Community Foundation Award for Outstanding Philanthropist
Caesars Windsor Award for Spirit of Philanthropy
The United Way Centraide Windsor-Essex County Award for Outstanding Fundraising Volunteer
University of Windsor Award for Outstanding Business or Corporation
Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy
Outstanding Fundraising Executive Professional
All nominations must be received by: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 21st, 2018.
The awards committee will inform the award recipients and nominators by October 12th, 2018.
- No nomination limit
- You do not have to be an AFP member to nominate
- You can nominate a past winner in a different category
- Nomination forms are not carried from year-to-year. Feel free to resubmit nominations from previous years for consideration this year.
- Please click here to download our fillable PDF
The following award categories are open for nominations:
- WindsorEssex Community Foundation Award for Outstanding Philanthropist – Honouring an individual, family or family foundation who has demonstrated outstanding civic and philanthropic leadership through a proven record of exceptional generosity and financial support.
- Caesars Windsor Award for Spirit of Philanthropy – Honouring a private foundation, special-purpose philanthropic group or group of individuals who has demonstrated outstanding commitment in philanthropy and local community involvement.
- The United Way Centraide Windsor-Essex County Award for Outstanding Fundraising Volunteer – Honouring an individual or family who demonstrates outstanding skills in coordinating and motivating groups of volunteers for fundraising projects for local not for profit organizations.
- University of Windsor Award for Outstanding Business or Corporation – Honouring a business or corporation who demonstrates outstanding commitment towards philanthropy and community involvement (may include a portion of in-kind support).
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy – Honouring an individual ages 5-25, who demonstrate outstanding commitment to the community.
- Outstanding Fundraising Executive Professional – Recognizing a fundraising executive whose actions and leadership exemplify ethical and effective professional practice and whose performance has enhanced the financial resources and recognition of the organization(s) for which he/she works.